It’s probably the least eaten vegetable there is, definitely one of the vegetables parents have to bribe their children to eat. But yet it has so many benefits.
-Strengthening the immune system
-Purifying the blood
-High in antioxidants
-Full of Vitamins: C, A, K, B, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Potassium, and Calcium
-Source of protein
-Protects your eyes
Those are just a few benefits!
Leafy greens should be a staple in your fridge, and definitely one of those things you consume everyday!
Here are a few ways you can incorporate more leafy greens into your diet:
- Smoothies! Smoothies has to be one of the best ways to have your greens daily. You can pretty much have your veggie with fruits and satisfy that sweet tooth at the same time. Also smoothies are a great way for parents to trick their kids into having their daily intake as well.
- Salads. You can have a salad with your lunch or dinner you, can even have a salad as a snack.
- A Side. You can sauté some spinach or kale to have as your side during dinner time.
- Juice. Juicing your greens is another way. You can also add fruits in your juice to sweeten up.
- Wrap. You can replace your wrap bread for a leafy green.
- Eggs. Add some greens in your eggs for breakfast.
- Pizza. Add as a topping on your pizza.
List of Leafy Greens
**Be sure to purchase organic leafy greens. Because leafy greens have a tendency to have higher levels of pesticides.**
I hope you go green by adding more leafy greens to your diet!